Have a professional house inspector inspect the property you are considering buying prior to removing subjects on the Contract
Some of Key Areas of the Dwelling to Inspect (this is just a partial list)
- The Roof and gutters of the dwelling. The age, condition and leaks. The type of insulation in the attic and the existing ventilation that is there. The presence of Mould.
- The plumbing throughout including the type of plumbing pipes.
- The furnace and hot water tank. Age, condition and leaks.
- Bathrooms for the presence of moisture behind bathtub or shower walls. Also under all sinks.
- Exterior windows. Check to see if any have lost their seals.
- Exterior drain tiles around the dwelling.
- Any presence of moisture in crawl spaces and in ceilings and under the bathroom areas.
- The existence of any underground oil tanks.
- Any changes in the electrical system. Check all the electrical outlets.
- The presence of any water leaks in the ceilings.
- Any cracks in the foundation of the dwelling.
- Additions to the dwelling. Check for permits.
All items on this list are subject to change without notice.
Need Help with Selling Your Home? Call John today – (604) 341-1500